One of the major concerns of athletes, bodybuilders, wrestlers and weightlifters, and all those who are thinking of taking these bulking steroids is how long it will stay in their system?
The term ‘half-life’ will help you determine the time each steroid takes to get completely out of your system. Let’s first understand what half-life is.
Half-life is the total time it takes for half a steroid to get out of your body.Each steroid takes a different amount of time to get out of your system completely, and hence, their specific half-lives. For instance,
- Dianabol: This takes about 6 and up to 8 hours on average if taken orally. However, if you have taken Dianabol via injectables then it would take about 60 to 72 hours.
- Anadrol: Anadrol has a half-life of up to 16 hours, but may leave the system earlier.
- Anavar: This has a half-life of 8-12 hours.
- Winstrol: Winstrol has a half-life of 8 hours.
- Trenbolone: It takes 2-3 days.
- Deca Durabolin: One of the strongest steroids, hence it takes much longer to leave the systems than others. Deca Durabolin has an average half-life of 14-16 days.
Why the Concern for Half-life?
Many of the athletes and bodybuilders are often concerned about steroid detection in their systems during a routine steroid test. Hence, they do not opt for the steroids, particularly the testosterone that take long hours and even weeks to leave the systems.
However, still, the half-life is not the correct measure for ensuring that the test would come out completely clean. It only tells you the time when half of the active steroid is out of the system.
There is another term the ‘detection time’ that gives you the duration of when the steroid was introduced into the body untill the time it would be detected on the test. The calculation of this time duration is not an easy task. However, many of the athletes have come up with some useful equations that will help you calculate the detection time with ease.
Factors that Affect Half-Life
Knowledge about all the major factors that affect the half-life of the steroid will help you ensure how to get your body ready for a safer steroid testing. These will also help your system flush the steroid out faster and better.
Some of the things to consider include:
- How long have you used the steroid?
- Your age, body weight, urine pH, genes, body metabolism and other such factors.
- Taking the steroid with food could make it stay for longer in the system as ingestion and absorption in the vessels could take much longer than taking the drug in isolation.
- Higher dosage too makes the steroid to stay in the system for a long time.
- If you are over 65 years of age, the flush-out time for the steroid could be significantly higher.
- The strength of the steroid.
- Water intake.
- How your body reacts to a certain steroid.
Detection Time of Steroids
For your ease, here are some average detection times for the common steroids. These are most likely to give you the best results for the drug to have been flushed out of your systems completely.
- Dianabol: It is completely flushed out at an average of five weeks.
- Anadrol: It takes about two months.
- Anavar: The average detection time for Anavar is three weeks.
- Winstrol: This takes up to three weeks.
- Primobolan: Detection time is four to five weeks.
- Winstrol: One strong compound, takes up to nine weeks.
- Deca Durabolin: One of the most effective and strong steroid compounds, this can take up to eighteen months.
- Others: Other drugs such as Anabolicum, Anabolin, Turinabol, Norandren and Durabolin take over a year to excrete completely out of the body systems.
- Clenbuterol and Testosterone Undeconoate/Andriol: These drugs are perfect if you have a steroid test approaching and still want to work those abs with these steroids. These completely flush out of the systems in less than 24 hours.
So, if you have a steroid test approaching or want to have the effects nullified you can take these well up to a whole week to the tests
In order to calculate how long it takes for a steroid to completely leave the systems, it is best to know complete details about the steroid you are planning to make part of your routine.
Here are some helpful tips to further excrete out the drug faster and more effectively:
- Make use of the CYP3A4 inducers to make elimination quicker.
- Discontinue using the steroid by tapering off slowly.
- Increase your intake of fluids as they help with the excretion.